Friday, February 26, 2010

I am going to being staying in a hotel with wireless internet. How can I connect my laptop to it?

I am not sure if my laptop has the needed equipment to connect to the wireless internet. How do I find out what I need (I think I need an adapter)? If the hotel has one brand of wireless router, do I have to buy the same brand of adapter for my laptop?I am going to being staying in a hotel with wireless internet. How can I connect my laptop to it?
Go to control panel,Network connections,there you'll find connection that connects to the internet,if your computer has WiFi card.If you are able to connect and don't know the password,contact the Hotel ppl about the password.The best way to check it is to right click on my computer and go to properties.Click on device manager and click on network card or something similar to that,there you can find a card number,Google the number to find out whether it is WiFi card.If you got struck,give us your computer config,I mean the brand name.Good luck.I am going to being staying in a hotel with wireless internet. How can I connect my laptop to it?
try the ';network connections'; menu in the control pannel, if there is an adapter, there should be a ';wireless network connection'; icon in this folder, if not, check the PC-CARD slot in your laptop, there should be one, buy a PCM/CIA Wi-FI adapter, support for band a, b and g. Don't worry about the router's or access point brand.
Your laptop just needs to have a wireless network card (NIC). If you have a newer laptop, it's probably built-in OR you can use a wireless NIC that plugs into a USB port. If you have an older laptop, you can get a wireless NIC that fits into the computer's PCMCIA slot.





You don't have to worry about matching brands with the hotel's equipment. All you need is a working wireless card and you should be good to go. If there's anything else you need to do in order to get access to the hotel's wireless network, they'll let you know when you check in.
You need a wifi card for your laptop. /you can by one for around $50. then once you have that. your laptop should automatically detect a wireless network, if not jut go to my network place under the start menu then click search for wireless networks, the chose the hotel network and TADA! your connected...
Try looking up the brand/model of the laptop on the manufacturers website. That should be able to tell you if you have a wireless connection built into your laptop or not.





You could also click on Start, Control Panel, Network Connections.


If a Wirless connection is listed then yes you do have one.





You do not need the same brand adaptor as thier router. All brands work together.





If your laptop does not have a built in wirless card and you will need to purchase one. It would probaly be easyest to purchase any ';802.11b Wireless USB Adaptor';.





You can purchase these at your local retail shops like, Target, BestBuy, WalMart, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment